Colaiste Bride

Colaiste Bride

The Presentation Sisters came to Clondalkin in 1857 with the purpose of setting up a school to provide primary education for the children of the local area. It was not until 1955 that the first steps towards providing secondary education were taken. In that year a secondary top was established which allowed pupils to sit for the Intermediate Certificate (the examination that preceded the Junior Certificate) in Scoil Bhríde as the school was then known. This school together with the primary school was situated in part of the convent building until the rapid increase in numbers necessitated new school buildings.

The first new primary school to be opened was Scoil Mhuire, which opened in 1950, followed by the opening of Scoil Áine and Scoil Íde in 1968. Coláiste Bríde was established in 1964 in the convent building. The move to the present site happened in 1969 with the official opening taking place in 1970. There was further expansion in the late 1970’s due to growing numbers. In the early 1990’s an additional expansion facilitated the addition of further facilities.

Their new build began in November 2004 with the official opening of our 13 million euro school in May 2008.

Website: www.colaistebride.com